What is absentee voting?
- The way a person who cannot go to a Polling Place on Election Day can vote.
- A person can vote absentee by mail or at the Department's office.
Who can vote by absentee ballot?
A person who:
- Is a United States citizen;
- Is a Delaware citizen;
- Lives in the school district where the election is being held;
- Is at least 18 years old;
- Completes and signs an absentee affidavit; and
- Cannot vote on Election Day because of a reason on the affidavit.
What are the deadlines?
- Return the affidavit 4 days before the election if you want your ballot mailed to you.
- You can vote in our office before 12 Noon the day before the election.
- Return the voted ballot to our office before 8 p.m. on Election Day.
- Print the one you need from the links below;
- Email or call the Department ((302) 856-5367) and ask us to send one to you; or
- Pick one up at the Department
School Board Elections
School Board Seats Up For Elections
School Board seats up for Election
Will you mail an absentee ballot to me?
- The Department gets your affidavit at least 4 days before the election;
- Your affidavit is filled out and signed by you; and
- You are eligible to vote in the election.
Can I vote at your office?
Yes, if you:
- Come to the Department between 8:30 a.m. and 4 p.m. on normal business days, or before 12 Noon the day before the election.
- Bring a government issued photo ID - Drivers license, State ID card, Passport, etc.
How do I return my voted ballot?
- Mail it to the Department;
- Take it to the Department; or
- Have someone take it to the Department for you.
What if I have a problem?
- Call, email or FAX the Department;
- Come to the Department before 12 Noon the day before the election.
How can I contact the Department?
- Call us at (302) 856-5367;
- Email us;
- Send a FAX to (302) 856-5082; or
- Write or visit the Department:
Department of Elections Sussex County Office
119 NORTH RACE ST
GEORGETOWN DE. 19947
How do I find out if you counted my ballot?
- Call, e-mail or fax the Department;
- Stop by the office; or
- Write to the Department.