What is absentee voting?
- The way a person who cannot go to a Polling Place on Election Day can vote.
- A person can vote absentee by mail or at the Department's office.
Who can vote by absentee ballot?
A person who:
- Is a United States citizen;
- Is a Delaware citizen;
- Lives in the school district where the election is being held;
- Is at least 18 years old;
- Completes and signs an absentee affidavit; and
- Cannot vote on Election Day because of a reason on the affidavit.
What are the deadlines?
- Return the affidavit 4 days before the election if you want your ballot mailed to you.
- You can vote in our office before 12 Noon the day before the election.
- Return the voted ballot to our office before 8 p.m. on Election Day.
- Print the one you need from the links below;
- Email or call the Department ((302) 856-5367) and ask us to send one to you; or
- Pick one up at the Department
School Board Elections
School Board Election May 8, 2018 Affidavits
School Board Seats Up For Elections
School Board seats up for Eletion
Will you mail an absentee ballot to me?
- The Department gets your affidavit at least 4 days before the election;
- Your affidavit is filled out and signed by you; and
- You are eligible to vote in the election.
Can I vote at your office?
Yes, if you:
- Come to the Department between 8:30 a.m. and 4 p.m. on normal business days, or before 12 Noon the day before the election.
- Bring a government issued photo ID - Drivers license, State ID card, Passport, etc.
How do I return my voted ballot?
- Mail it to the Department;
- Take it to the Department; or
- Have someone take it to the Department for you.
What if I have a problem?
- Call, email or FAX the Department;
- Come to the Department before 12 Noon the day before the election.
How can I contact the Department?
- Call us at (302) 856-5367;
- Email us;
- Send a FAX to (302) 856-5082; or
- Write or visit the Department:
Department of Elections Sussex County Office
119 NORTH RACE ST
GEORGETOWN DE. 19947
How do I find out if you counted my ballot?
- Call, e-mail or fax the Department;
- Stop by the office; or
- Write to the Department.